Problem With My C128!

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

jsdeibler

Problem With My C128!

Post by jsdeibler »

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with my C128. I hooked the system up this weekend to do some testing before trying to find a good home for it.

It has been several years since I turned it on, but had everything stored in the original boxes in a cool, dry place, so it is still in excellent shape.

I have a C128 with a 1902 monitor. I can get it to run in C128/80 column mode, but it won't switch to C128/40 column mode.

It will not run in C64 mode at all. Has anyone seen this before or could suggest how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Scott
Scott
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

I have a diagnostics cartridge, but I guess that wont directly help you since I would never part with it.

Try searching eBay for one. Its a cartridge with software that checks all your roms and such. You can find many for the 64 but only a few for the 128.

I know there are still a few shops out there that repair them, if you want to spend the money on it.

But since it appears your goal is to sell it, no worry if you still have the original boxes as that will keep the price high.
jsdeibler

Post by jsdeibler »

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can find!
Scott