Does a pc20-iii also support the 971 tapedrive ?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

ez

Does a pc20-iii also support the 971 tapedrive ?

Post by ez »

The manual state's the 971 drive is for a commodore pc 40 -iii or a commodore pc 60 -iii

I bought it at a pc-dump day and got it to (now and then) perform on a 8088 xt board.

As i want to restore the data, i can buy a pc20-iii of someone

is that prudent? and can i use a serial port to nul-modem the data to my current system?

Thanx it advance for any comments on this.

Erik
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Sorry, we are not ignoring you... we just don't know the answer.
ez

Post by ez »

I've recently learned that the pc20 also uses the 8088-1 chip, has a serial port and a 5 1/4 '' floppy disk station. So it has potential, allso this Irwin made (model 185)(prodid. 285 ML-02) accutrack tapedriver allready proof to me it could work in other systems on a 5 1/4 standard cable as slave.

It came with EzTape software V2.01 for minimal DOS 3.0 and needed 512 KB free! before running. At driverguide.com i now found EzTape for Win 95 & 98 so i'm looking up :)

The commodore pc20-III in this story was offered on 28 may 2006 (allthough to me in above prediccament) at marktplaats.nl for 250 euro!

LOL So allso sunny and dollar side up for this forum! ?