NEW COMMODORE PC64 PROTOTYPE

This forum was the place to post questions about "New Commodore" USA PC's like the Pheonix, Invictus and Amigo but given their demise, we are expanding to include the 2015 incarnation of Commodore which includes internet access, smart phones and more.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

administrator
Site Admin

NEW COMMODORE PC64 PROTOTYPE

Post by administrator »

Here are the pix of the upcoming new PC64 in prototyping stage.

The pictures are early prototype, using IDE HD & CD drives. That has been updated to SATA, (much thinner cables, etc)
The pix also show an internally mounted pcb for power; that has been eliminated, as we will be using an external power brick, just like the original C64. There will be a muti format card reader in the spot where you now see the additional 4 port USB header. The motherboard shown was used just for dimensional spacing; we will be using mini ITX form factor.This project has been on our agenda for some time, and the response we have gotten from thousands of Commodore fans who left comments on our website, enabled us to fast track this project. This particular version has been talked about for years, and we were actually inspired by a rough prototype created by the very talented modder "JJ, aka DocLorren" over 7 years ago. Our specs for this are:

Featuring an exact replica of the original beige chassis Commodore C64, this new addition to our lineup will include an Intel Atom 525 CPU with NVIDIA Ion2 graphics, 4GB DDR3 memory, 1TB Hdd, HDMI, DVD/CD optical drive (Blu-ray optional), dual-link DVI, six USB ports, integrated 802.11n WiFi, bluetooth and a 6-in-1 media card reader.

The unit will triple boot Ubuntu 10.04, Windows 7 & AROS

administrator
Site Admin

Re: NEW COMMODORE PC64 PROTOTYPE

Post by administrator »

bump
v'ger
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by v'ger »

Awesome! :)
Claus

Post by Claus »

It's a marvellous thing... here some more pics of a prototype. Hope they will go in production very soon. Can't wait to see Commodore computers back in store shelfs...

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64Prototype.aspx
RobertCriswell

Post by RobertCriswell »

Wow!

I just came across this forum out of pure luck as I was getting a little nostalgic, I used to own a commodore plus 4 when i was younger and then a commodore 64.
I am now playing all my old favourites on my pc and am thinking of getting a c64, hopefully grabbing a well looked after one on ebay.

But, hmmm this does look interesting, a pimped up commodore, I do know what I want for Christmas and the specs put my main pc to shame.
hollyus

Post by hollyus »

Nice!

I think I'm also gonna build my own PC with such a retro design…
That's a nice way to give an C64 a second life.

Regards,
Holly
About me:
C64 fan since the beginning. Now I'm pretty fine with my Apple MB Pro. Ok, it was a little harder to buy a C64 years ago than a MBPro. Living in Switzerland, creating Webdesign in Bern. Today I play less with hardware, more with Software… ;)
Berry

Post by Berry »

Well i decided to do my own C64SSD, see my blog: http://c64.berrydejager.com/ssd64/

pondshus2

Post by pondshus2 »

Come on guys, just take my money. I just love this baby. And now I want to make love to it. It is so beautiful. I need to get my hands on to this very soon. How much does this cost. Please tell me it is for sale.

-----------------------------
CORBIN PONDERS
----------------------------