The New Programming Forum!

If you want help with your PET, VIC, 128 or Plus4 programming, this is the place for you!

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

administrator
Site Admin

The New Programming Forum!

Post by administrator »

I have received several requests for coding help and I am just not an expert in the field (although and can PEEK and POKE and still know the manuals pretty well).

If you have a question relating to programming, please post it here.
bryceHUHwhat
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: The New Programming Forum!

Post by bryceHUHwhat »

i am wondering what memory locations are safe havens for placing your sprites. i know about 13, 14 and 15. what others can i use for programming games in basic
MrPagelsBrother

Post by MrPagelsBrother »

Hey, guys. So I'm revisiting the 64 with the aim of making music. I've always been pretty good with BASIC, and I'm just getting my feet wet in Assembly launguage. I've read in "Intermediate Commodore 64" buy Huy Grotke, as well in a few other sources, that a person can have music playing continuously and automatically, even while other functions are being performed.

What I'd really like is for a simple loop -- really not more than a few notes, or a metronome-like "click" -- to repeat automatically while I make other music via input from the joystick or keyboard. How hard would that be to do? Will it take me weeks or months to learn to do it, or is it fairly simple?

There is a lot of C64 programming info available on the Internet, but I haven't seen anything about how to deal *specifically* with music and sound via ML. Quite a bit more seems to deal with graphics and sprites.

Thanks!
Bitmaster

Post by Bitmaster »

There is a system clock that can be used to create an interrupt at a pre-programmed interval that you could use to output a sound pulse. Interrupts aren't too bad, once you get the hang of it.