Davidson-Richards eprom programmers

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

ComCAuters
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Davidson-Richards eprom programmers

Post by ComCAuters »

Hello,

I'm writing from Italy and I am a collector of Commodore computers.

I found what it's seems to be a Davidson-Richards Ltd. eprom programmer for the Commodore PET.

The sticker on the top of this device is different from the ones I've seen on the web but I feel confident that the inside of my device could be very similar, if not identical.

I got this unit by the company which imported Commodore products at the time when we still had no Commodore subsidiary here in Italy.

The only issue is that at one point in time the technician who used this programmer in the lab modified it cutting traces and adding / removing some electronic components.

I need pictures and / or schematics of this device to check out if mine is a true Davidson Richards programmer and to restore it to the original functionality.

I also have the eprom chip with the software for this programmer.

If you have one of these devices and / or you have information about them and / or you're interested in making a comparison between the two devices, please write back to me.

Thank you!

Kind regards.