Which Smart Phone for a c64 Emulator?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

thanhmy
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Which Smart Phone for a c64 Emulator?

Post by thanhmy »

I'm about to purchase a smart phone and was wondering which phone had the best emulator for it? I was considering these 3: iphone or Windows phone or a Driod phone. I understand each phone has a c64 emulator. If there is one i'm missing please let me know. My favorite games are listed below, it would like a emulator that can run most of them, especially trapdoor with bert.

Trapdoor
Gribbly's Day Out
Paradroid
Below the Root
Spacetaxi
Conan
Dịch vụ giúp việc nhà quận 1 - giup viec nha quan 2
rbernardo

Re: Which Smart Phone for a c64 Emulator?

Post by rbernardo »

I don't run emulators on my cheapy Android OS 4.3 phone, but SID Player works fine on it.

Back from Europe,
ariamler

Post by ariamler »

My friend even now has a very old smartphone and it is still good enough for different games like this. I am a little bit confused about it haha
davidjwillson

Post by davidjwillson »

That's a great idea, diving into some C64 classics. When it comes to running emulators smoothly, you'll want a smartphone with decent processing power and compatibility. Personally, I've had good experiences with flagship models from brands like Samsung and Apple. They tend to handle emulation software well due to their powerful processors and ample RAM. However, if you're on a budget, don't count out mid-range options either. Phones like the Google Pixel series or OnePlus devices often offer solid performance at a more affordable price point.