ICE BBS - Up and running!

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

ICE BBS - Up and running!

Post by wiskow »

Another C= program has been rescued from oblivion! I came into posession of what may very well be the last existing copy of a BBS program, written in 1987, called ICE BBS (Interactive Communications Exchange Bulletin Board System), along with the original manual. This BBS program was inspired by an early version of C-Net BBS. It's ASCII-only, but is a very well written program. I was so impressed with it that I decided to see if I could get it to run via Telnet. I tracked down the program's original author, got his permission to release the software and manual to the Public Domain, and with his help, I was able to figure out the necessary changes that had to be made to get it up and running via Telnet.

For the past couple months, I've had a second BBS, called Cottonwood II, running on Ivory BBS software. This BBS has not been as successful as I might have hoped, so I decided to change this over to ICE BBS. You can now call in and check out this forgotten piece of Commodore history at telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400 ... For more information, check out the BBS's website at http://cottonwood.servebbs.com ... Please note: Due to the fact this this software is ASCII-only, you must call in with an ASCII-capable terminal program. In other words, CGTERM will NOT work.

-Andrew