Please help me find good homes for my history.

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

velocity_girl

Please help me find good homes for my history.

Post by velocity_girl »

Hi everyone,

I have a basement in Burlington, Ontario full of computer history--much of it my family history--that I will be trying to find good homes for over the next month or so. Down in the basement are old computers, peripherals, software, accessories, books, magazines...most covered with a thick layer of dust. Included in this collection is a PET, an AMIGA 500, an AMIGA 2000, and if I remember correctly, a Vic 20 and a 64. I have no idea what the working condition is of any of this stuff, but I'll be testing them soon. All of the computers were functional the last time they were used, but in most cases that would've been decades ago. As far as I know, I have complete computer systems for each, including software and peripherals. I probably have manuals for everything too.

So here are my questions:

1. Should I be splitting these systems up and selling the components seperately or should I keep everything together?

2. Does anyone know of any computer museums/collections/archives/historians that might be interested in things like computer user group magazines, trade show souvenirs, advertising, etc?

3. Send me your wishlists, and I'll see if my basement has what you're looking for.

Thanks for your help and your interest,

-----melissa ([email protected])

PS. As much as I would love to give this all away to people who will really appreciate it, I'm broke and therefore interested in selling whatever items I can.
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hello Ontario!

The PET and the Amiga stuff are the most valuable.

I suggest splitting those off into separate bundles. Include all the paperwork, manuals, boxes, packaging... you have for each item. Try listing it here first then try eBay. eBay can be a pain but it does provide a large market.

You should also look through other posts in this forum. There are a number of people looking for various items you mentioned. ie.
viewtopic.php?t=220

Pictures and serial numbers are very helpful.

It will only be worth your while to sell functional units.

The VIC and 64 are worth $<25 each unless you have some huge collection.

I hope this helps.
j1mt3hcop13rwr3nch

Post by j1mt3hcop13rwr3nch »

I've emailed you. I'm just over the skyway and interested in PETs.
Stranded in time. Surrounded by evil. low on gas.