Anyone know who Digital Solutions was?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Maury Markowitz

Anyone know who Digital Solutions was?

Post by Maury Markowitz »

I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone who might have worked at/been Digital Solutions Inc of Ontario.

They were first listed as being in Willowdale, but later were in an industrial unit (now row housing) in Richmond Hill. Around the time they moved they renamed all their products from "Paperback..." to "Pocket...", and then in 1986 renamed them all again to "LDP..." when they moved to the Amiga.

They are probably best known as the authors of Paperback/Pocket/LDP Writer, an extremely well-reviewed word processor of the 1980s. The manual, perhaps only for the LDP version, was written by Karl Hildon of Transactor, who I know lives in Toronto, so if anyone knows Karl (or he's reading this) I suspect he might know the owners.

I'd like to get in contact with anyone that might have worked at the company. I can also play 6-degrees-of-separation if you have any ideas for someone else I might ask.