My Intro

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Callsign62
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

My Intro

Post by Callsign62 »

G'day All,

I looked around didn't see any dedicated thread for introductions so I am posting here.

I am "AJ", 52 yo who learned to code in basic on a C=64 back in the day. My career IRL took over and whilst I maintained an active interest in computing, I put my main effort and focus into soldiering.

Nowadays, I am retired, just had a quadruple bypass and getting back to my 8bit roots. I own a complete C=64 Breadbin which is currently in storage. I also own a C=128D with monitor; both need to be sent away and checked out/serviced with a couple of keys repaired and a power switch repaired. It all works, but I want it restored inside before I restore it cosmetically.

I am relearning basic and plan on getting back into machine code again. After finding this forum, I thought it would be great to involve myself in the community as well as availing myself of a body of knowledge to learn from.

I also build military models and paint miniatures; I write a bit and involve myself in Veteran's issues so my field of hobbies is fairly broad.

I look forward to getting to know folks here and picking everyone's brain.

Cheers,
AJ sends.
rbernardo

Re: My Intro

Post by rbernardo »

Welcome!

You wrote:
Callsign62 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 am I own a complete C=64 Breadbin which is currently in storage. I also own a C=128D with monitor; both need to be sent away and checked out/serviced with a couple of keys repaired and a power switch repaired.
If you are in the states, Ray Carlsen can repair your machines.
I am relearning basic and plan on getting back into machine code again. After finding this forum, I thought it would be great to involve myself in the community as well as availing myself of a body of knowledge to learn from.
I keep saying I should make some Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit games when I have time. :)

Truly,
Callsign62

Post by Callsign62 »

rbernardo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:10 am Welcome!
Thank you Sir.

You wrote:
If you are in the states, Ray Carlsen can repair your machines.
I am an Aussie and we have a couple of lads here working as a team to repair/restore CBM gear. I have had a few things on lately, like getting my ticker re-plumbed, so I have been slow in packing my machine up to ship to them. Thanks for the pointer though. I shall pass it on to a a brother from another mother I met and worked alongside in the MEAO, who lives in Georgia and who wants to get his C64 fixed
I keep saying I should make some Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit games when I have time. :)
So do it!!! :lol:

Cheers,

AJ sends
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

Callsign62 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:46 pmI am an Aussie...
Oh, what part of Australia? I'm supposed to revisit Australia later this year, going to Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide.

Truly,
NathanGamer

Post by NathanGamer »

What a great intro. I look forward to getting to know anyone here too. I'm Nathan and I'm Canadian. I use this forum to involve myself in this community better... I own Commodore 128 too as I'm really interested in technology and other stuff.