All American BBS

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

All American BBS

Post by wiskow »

As many of you know, I've been in contact with Nick Smith, the author of All American BBS, for the past few months. He's promised me copies of the final versions of AA BBS for both the 64 and the 128, as well as the source code of each, but he's been so busy that he wasn't able to make the copies for me... until now! Yesterday, I received all the disks he promised me in the mail. I'll be running tests of all the disks he sent me, upgrading my own BBS to the latest version (I'm running v12.1b of the 128 version, and the one he sent me is v12.5c), and then I'll be converting all the disks to d64's and releasing them all to the Public Domain, which Nick has given me permission to do on his behalf. I'm glad that yet another program for Commodore computers that was lost, has been found, and will soon be made available for everyone! :-)

More to follow...

-Andrew
http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs
wiskow

Post by wiskow »

Okay... Cottonwood BBS is now running on AA 128 v12.5c! I made the upgrade this morning. Updates that are immediately noticable are an improved message area, as well as the addition of several new online games! Check it out! :-)

-Andrew
wiskow

Post by wiskow »

I added them up... And with this new version of AA BBS, I now have *50* online games up and running! There are several multi-player games, like Empire City, Stock Market, Big Trouble in Little China, and All American Wrestling... Plus there's even Battleship which you can play against the SysOp... That is, if I'm in! ;-)

Also, I discovered that this version also includes support for ANSI color! So if you call in with Hyperterminal or the like, and answer "No" to the question about C= Color/Graphics, you'll be asked if you have support for ANSI color. If you answer "Yes" to that, you'll be able to see all the colors! You still don't get the C= graphics, but at least it's not as bland as straight ASCII! :-)

-Andrew