Further Improvements...

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Further Improvements...

Post by wiskow »

Yesterday, I had Cottonwood BBS down for a few hours while I upgraded the configuration. I swapped out the C128 for a C128DCR, and I added a second CMD hard drive. This way, I was able to add a new HUGE directory for downloads, which I'm using for C64/128 Utilities/Applications/Telecommunications. I've also added directories for VIC-20 and PET software. In addition, I also swapped out the HP Laptop that BBS Server was running on for a mini-Gateway desktop PC. This frees up my laptop for other uses, and it also seems to have improved the reliability of the Telnet connection. There's a new, updated photo of the entire setup at the Cottonwood BBS website.

-Andrew
http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

I now have Cottonwood BBS up and running on a Lt. Kernal hard drive. Since the Lt. Kernal *is* fully supported by AA BBS (unlike the CMD HD), I was finally able to do away with the multitude of floppy drives that I had the BBS running on previously. I've also moved the entire BBS setup to a desk in another room. Here's a photo of the BBS setup now:

Do ya like my "printer stand"? ;-)

The C128 that the BBS runs on is on the left side of the desk, with its "PC Slave" sitting on the right. On top of the "hutch" is a 1581 and 1571 disk drive for transferring files to and from floppies, and the Lt. Kernal hard drive that the entire BBS runs on. Things are running much smoother and faster with this new setup. The games modules load in from the Lt. Kernal just as fast as they did from a 1750 REU before. Amazing! :-)

-Andrew