Cottonwood BBS -- Now on TELNET!

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Cottonwood BBS -- Now on TELNET!

Post by wiskow »

Well... I've gone and done it...

Cottonwood BBS is now accessable via Telnet! Operating on All American BBS 128 v12.1b!

The telnet address is cottonwood.servebbs.com (port 23).

A few tips:
When calling for the first time as a new user, call with an ASCII terminal (Hyperterminal or equivalent from a Windows computer, or ASCII mode from a terminal program on a Commodore computer). This is because AA BBS switches to ASCII mode during the application process. If you call in with CGTERM, all the charachters will be reversed at that point. Once you've set up your account, you can call with a Commodore graphics terminal program on all subsequent calls. Also, during the application, you're asked for your phone number, which is in U.S./Canada phone number format (###-###-####). This is used as a sort of backup ID# in AA BBS. I don't care what number you use, but it needs to be a number that you'll be able to remember in the event that you forget your assigned ID#. And finally, if you'd like to be informed when your account has been validated, send me a feedback message on the BBS with your e-mail address and I'll notify you that way. Otherwise, all accounts are normally validated within 24 hours (everyone gets the same full access upon validation), so you can just call back and enjoy your access.

Any questions? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]!

-Andrew (aka Balzabaar)
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

One more thing I forgot to mention... It seems that it's also necessary to tap return (or enter) upon connection, otherwise the BBS will sometimes detect the incorrect baud rate and begin transmitting at 1200 baud when it should be transmitting at 2400. This causes a bunch of garbage to come across instead of the initial welcome message. If this does happen, however, don't worry. Just disconnect, wait a minute or so, and call back. Then, when you connect, just tap return (or enter) once or twice, and you should see the "2400 baud user detected" message.

-Andrew (aka Balzabaar)