Cottonwood BBS -- Improved Setup

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Cottonwood BBS -- Improved Setup

Post by wiskow »

I've recently aquirerd a CMD HD-200 hard drive (thanks, Al!), as well as a couple 1581's (thanks, Marco!), and with this, I've vastly improved the setup for my BBS. Until I get the update for AA BBS from its author, I'm only able to have one 16 MB partition of the 245 MB hard drive on the BBS, but even so, this is a VAST improvement over what I was running. And now, I can officially announce quite happily that I have DIVORCED my C=64c from the PC it was connected to. Everything is now 100% original!

I've updated the photo of my setup on the Cottonwood BBS website at http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs

Here's what the BBS is now running on:
1 Commodore 64c Computer
1 Commodore 1084S Monitor
2 Commodore 1541 Disk Drives
1 Commodore 1541c Disk Drive
1 FSD-2 Excellerator+ Disk Drive
2 Commodore 1581 Disk Drives
1 CMD HD-200 Hard Drive (245 MB)
1 MultiTech MultiModem224 (2400 baud)
1 Black Rotary-Dial Desk Phone
1 All American BBS by Nick Smith

Check it out now at (951)242-3593. Call and experience the world's last remaining Commodore 64 dial-up BBS!

-Andrew
(aka Balzabaar - SysOp)
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

I bought a lot of disks off eBay and one set was Color 64 BBS version 7.3

I have not tried it, but if its any good I can send you it.
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

Gambit wrote:I bought a lot of disks off eBay and one set was Color 64 BBS version 7.3

I have not tried it, but if its any good I can send you it.
Thank you, but I'm quite happy running All American BBS. I'm a registered owner of AA BBS, I have contact with the software's author, and most importantly, in addition to being the only dial-up BBS run on a C64, I'm also the only one running AA BBS. That makes my BBS doubly unique. ;-)

-Andrew