Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure

Post by wiskow »

As many of you already know, I'm in the U.S. navy, and I'm currently stationed in California where I work with TV broadcasting for the military. I've just been informed that I'll be getting sent to Afghanistan on a temporary assignment to work at the receiving end of the TV signals that we send out from here. I'll be leaving on 7 June, and I won't be back until 14 February 2010. As a result of this, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs, as well as the Cottonwood website, the ACUG website, and my personal website, will all be offline while I'm away. I'll be shutting everything down on 5 June. But, 8 months later, when I get back, everything will be back up and running again. I'm very grateful for everyone's support, and I look forward to catching up on things in the "Commodore world" upon my return next year.
wiskow

Re: Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure

Post by wiskow »

Just a quick update... I've managed to find an alternate location to host my web pages, so those will all remain up and running while I'm away. I've already moved them, and everything seems to be running smoothly. I added a notice to the top of the main page about the BBSs being down while I'm gone.
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hi Wiskow;

As a Canadian who grew up next to the countries largest Air base, I am well aware of the very dangerous Afghanistan situation. Every week our fallen are repatriated via CFB Trenton and my father attends every return.

I wish you personally, all of the Canadian / American troops in Country and everyone else from "the West" who is trying to help this desparate sitation, the very best. Keep safe and know that I and many others appreciate your sacrifices in this regard.
wiskow

Post by wiskow »

As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running. Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards. :)

Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593.

"Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400.

Old Tech... Still alive and well in 2010!
katewinslet

Re: Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closu

Post by katewinslet »

Theres always Antidote, reachable thru Telnet;
antidote.hopto.org

CBase speaking TCP/IP!