Cottonwood BBS & Website

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Cottonwood BBS & Website

Post by wiskow »

I've made some changes to the server that Cottonwood BBS runs on. This is also the server that the Cottonwood website, the Anything Commodore User Group website, and my personal website run on. Anyone who's downloaded anything from any of these websites before will now notice a 10x increase in speed thanks to some "tweaking" of my setup. Enjoy... :)

-Andrew
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: Cottonwood BBS & Website

Post by wiskow »

While I was in Washington state on vacation, there was a power outage at my house, which caused the Cottonwood/Borderline website, the ACUG website, my personal website, as well as both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs to go offline for a few days. Everything has been back up and running since late Monday night.

In addition, by a user request, in an effort to assist users connecting to Cottonwood BBS with a Lantronix device, I've switched from the standard Telnet port 23 to port 6400. So, depending on what method you're using to connect to Cottonwood BBS, you'll need to either use cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400 or cottonwood.servebbs.com 6400 to connect from now on.