Cottonwood BBS

This forum provides information on BBS' which Commodore hardware (and emulators) may connect

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

moparram

Cottonwood BBS

Post by moparram »

I just want to say thank you to Andrew Wiskow for the RS-232 interface. With some tinkering, I was able to access your BBS. I am using my SX-64 thru my PC to link to the BBS. Sure is a nice little change from the internet!!! Hopefully I can get that Hyperlink browser software and try to get onto the internet. :)
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

I'm glad you were able to get everything up and running on your SX-64! It certainly makes the experience much more "authentic" when you call into a Commodore BBS using real Commodore hardware, doesn't it? ;)

If there's anything else I can help you out with, please feel free to ask. You can post here, or better yet, leave me a feedback message on my BBS. :)

-Andrew
moparram

Post by moparram »

I got a couple modems off Ebay, I'm going to hack a HesModem and make the MAX233 interface in Jeff Ledger's "booklet". A true Null Modem adapter is in the works as well. The homebrew RS-232 interface I got from Andrew (cool first name :D ) Wiskow is great. Been a long time since I was able to do something cool with a Commodore! I also got a disk with Quantum Link. I tried to run it, but I think I need the true Null Modem cable/adapter. Jim Brain said on the Petscii forums that the original software should work.
This is what my 1985 Iroc-z SHOULD look like!