Philosophical point-of-view

Run by Robert Bernardo this forum contains information about the summer Commodore conference in Las Vegas and the spring Commodore conference in L.A.

Moderators: wiskow, rbernardo, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Philosophical point-of-view

Post by rbernardo »

At the end of the #c64friends chat last Saturday, some chat members started bantering about which C= show is better/best. To my dismay, they dragged in the name of CommVEx. To make it perfectly clear, I must emphasize that CommVEx is *not* in a competition. I will not jump onto the bandwagon saying which show is supposedly better/best and thus belittle other shows. It would be quite distasteful to put down, i.e., criticize other shows. If one show has longer hours, so be it. If one show has more speakers, there you go. If one show has more exhibits or more gaming or more productivity, good. However, to say that based on these factors one show is better/best is not in the best interest of those who have worked hard to organize C= events. I know that the other shows (and CommVEx) are run by caring, well-meaning individuals who are trying to advance the cause of our computers, and I wish these individuals success in what they are trying to accomplish. So, whether you decide to come to CommVEx or the Cincinnati Commodore Computer Convention or the Emergency Chicagoland Commodore Convention or the World of Commodore Toronto or the Netherlands Commodore Show or any of the various C= parties in Europe, be assured that you are going to a fantastic event. Every show, everybody is a winner. There are no losers.

Sincerely,
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

Bravo, Robert! I couldn't have said it better myself! ;-)

-Andrew