Chevy Volt News

What are we doing now!

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

administrator
Site Admin

Chevy Volt News

Post by administrator »

We will be following the Volt via our Modern News Page. http://www.commodore.ca/news/default.htm

The Volt isn't directly related to Commodore (or computers in general) but it does represent some pretty neat technology.
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: Chevy Volt News

Post by wiskow »

In other news... Ford will be introducing the Ford Fiesta in its 2009 lineup for Europe, which runs on diesel and gets 65 MPG! Ford says they have no plans to sell this car in the U.S. because their research shows that Americans are not interested in diesel-powered passenger vehicles. Y'know what? With gas prices what they are these days, I'm pretty sure that a car that gets such high gas mileage would sell VERY well. They don't think it'll sell in the U.S... Well, American's definately won't buy it if they aren't given the opportunity to buy it! This sort of thinking really makes me sick... Vehicles that get better gas mileage is exactly what we need these days.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Chevy Volt News

Post by administrator »

I agree Wiskow. However ALL the domestics and Japanese say that the US/Canada crash testing requirements make EU vehicles unsalable in the US and Canada. Every month MotorTrend has some bit on this; either a full editorial or letter to the editor or a comment in one of the features. Autobloggreen has some regular comments on it as well:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/09/09 ... ash-tests/

I understand the safety concerns. However if you alternative is to ride a motorcycle, as I have been considering, ANY car is an improvement on safety.

I just read on GM-Volt.com that Ford is STILL having trouble getting their new (and by all accounts, amazing) UK Focus/Mazda 3 to meet US/CDN standards. They are still planning for 2010 but the extra weight and bumper design is killing their "mileage".

It's an ugly problem with no good answers.

Today, my money is on the Volt.