What are we doing now!
Moderators: wiskow, Trazan
- Site Admin
- Posts: 613
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:23 pm
- Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
This months Spotlight page tells the Commodore story in 1983 at the peak of its power and influence.
http://www.commodore.ca/commodore-histo ... iant-1983/
...Shipping more units world-wide than any other computer company, Commodore has grown from sales of $46 million (U.S.) in 1977 to over $680 million (U.S.) million in fiscal 1983 (editor: that $1.45BILLION in 2014 dollars). And much of that success is due to the entrepreneurial instincts of Commodore’s founder and present vice-chairman, Jack Tramiel...
- Posts: 2860
- Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:00 pm
- Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!
- Location: Visalia, California, USA
As CBM engineer Bil Herd says, Jack Tramiel's leadership was the key to CBM's success. When Jack left, CBM began its slow, deadly descent to bankruptcy.