Adapters for sale to replace MPS6540 ROM Chips

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

7jp4-guy
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Adapters for sale to replace MPS6540 ROM Chips

Post by 7jp4-guy »

Dear Forum,
If you have a Commodore PET 2001 computer you are probably aware of the unfortunate fact that the ROM chips used in these machines are known to be both unreliable and practically unobtainable. Well, not any more. I have created a tiny adapter which will replace any MPS6540 ROM chip with a standard 2716 ROM chip. The adapter, shown below, has the same footprint as an original MPS6540 ROM chip (if about twice as tall) and is a 100% compatible drop in replacement. They are available at my website http://www.6540rom.com. Unfortunately, due to the expense of having custom PC boards made up and the time-consuming process of assembling and testing each one by hand, at $30 each they are more expensive than I would like. However, this includes free shipping (to the USA), free tech support from me to get the adapter working, and a free lifetime guarantee against failure of the adapter.

I also sell adapters which allow a standard composite video monitor to be connected to the video connector on a Commodore PET motherboard. These are $25 each and can, as with the ROM adapter, be ordered through my web site.

Thanks for your interest,
Matthew D'Asaro (University of Washington Electrical engineering student)
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Adapters for sale to replace MPS6540 ROM Chips

Post by administrator »

That looks VERY useful.

Thanks for your post.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Adapters for sale to replace MPS6540 ROM Chips

Post by administrator »

That looks VERY useful.

Thanks for your post.