C128 on/off switch needed

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

GPguy
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

C128 on/off switch needed

Post by GPguy »

Hi Group,

I bought a Commodore 128 off of the local craigslist the other day. The problem with it is the on/off rocker switch is frozen. When I disassembled the unit, I was able to use a dental probe and spread apart the metal retainers for the rocker, exposing the internal plunger, which was broken and loose. I don't see a way of disassembling it any further. So it looks like I need a replacement. Does anyone out there have a parts unit that has a functioning switch? I will pay you for it. Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Rob
Grants Pass
rbernardo

Re: C128 on/off switch needed

Post by rbernardo »

I remember what Ray Carlsen did with one of the flat C128's I brought that had a frozen switch. He replaced it with a miniature SPST toggle switch.

If you wish me to bring anything to Ray for repair, I'll see him on Friday, March 24. That means I'll be passing by Grants Pass on Thursday, March 23. :)

Truly,
GPguy

Re: C128 on/off switch needed

Post by GPguy »

Hi Robert,

Thanks Robert, I may take you up on it. I'll contact Ray about how he does it, and then try myself, after a trip to radio shack. The stock switch has six leads soldered to the circuit board so I may need his guidance. I have another C128 that has a memory issue and that one probably needs to go to Ray. I appreciate the offer :)

Regards,

Rob