SX64PARTY - Organise one to celebrate!

The place to discuss Commodore events, trade shows, gatherings... . This forum welcomes contect regarding Classic Commodore and the new 2006 Commodore.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Berry
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

SX64PARTY - Organise one to celebrate!

Post by Berry »

The Commodore SX-64 was announced in January 1983 and released a year later and sadly enough discontinued in 1986. So January would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate however we can schedule parties al year long… or even untill 2016, which is a little far fetched. So when January is not the best of the year, wintertime, feel free to schedule another time ;-) .

Let’s keep up with the Commodore especially on the anniversary of the executive, luggable edition of the best computer ever. So therefor i would like to propose a semi-virtual meeting, to keep our eco-footprint as low a possible, by meeting up with some friends and their SX64 in a local cafe.

Are you up for this? See my blog for more information: Januari 2013 – Commodore SX-64 party
rbernardo

Re: SX64PARTY - Organise one to celebrate!

Post by rbernardo »

Berry wrote:The Commodore SX-64 was announced in January 1983 and released a year later and sadly enough discontinued in 1986.
Oh, I thought it was discontinued in 1985.
Let’s keep up with the Commodore especially on the anniversary of the executive, luggable edition of the best computer ever. So therefor i would like to propose a semi-virtual meeting, to keep our eco-footprint as low a possible, by meeting up with some friends and their SX64 in a local cafe.
Yes, we of the Fresno Commodore User Group are participating! On Sunday, January 20, 2013, we'll be Skyping our celebration with our fellow SX-64 brethren in the Netherlands. So, when we are having our daytime meeting with our SX-64s, they'll be with their SX-64s during the evening (9 hour difference between California and the Netherlands).

Truly,
rbernardo

Re: SX64PARTY - Organise one to celebrate!

Post by rbernardo »

As part of our SX-64 celebration, we plan to have photos (semi-professional?) taken during the event.

Truly,