Commodore/Amiga at DGM's Atari Party, July 29 (fwd)

The place to discuss Commodore events, trade shows, gatherings... . This forum welcomes contect regarding Classic Commodore and the new 2006 Commodore.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Commodore/Amiga at DGM's Atari Party, July 29 (fwd)

Post by rbernardo »

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Digital Game Museum's Atari Party is official: July 29th at Cogswell Polytechnical College in Sunnyvale, CA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Digital Game Museum, together with Cogswell Polytechnical College, celebrate Atari's 40th birthday and the centennial of Atari's birthplace, Sunnyvale, California, with a day of classic Atari games, prizes and more!

On July 29th, from noon to 5pm, we'll have Atari games (2600, 8-bit, Lynx, Jaguar) and many other vintage games on classic computers and consoles (Commodore, Amiga, Sega, Nintendo) at Cogswell Polytechnical College, 1175 Bordeaux Drive in Sunnyvale, CA. (Hey! A street Atari used to have offices on!)

Free admission for all! Over 300 games! Play, spectate, and kibitz!
RSVP at http://atariparty.eventbrite.com/
More at http://digitalgamemuseum.org/blog/were- ... tari-party

The Digital Game Museum serves the gaming community through the preservation, presentation, and study of its history and evolution, and by exploring the impact of digital games on individuals, communities, and society.

Cogswell Polytechnical College is a fully accredited, 4-year, private college with a curriculum that fuses digital art, engineering, entrepreneurship and fire science. Cogswell offers an educational opportunity that is specialized, personal, technologically advanced and affordable.

Yours truly (Bill Kendrick) will be bringing all of his Atari gear, as he's done for the past 3 years at his self-hosted "Atari Party" events in Davis, California.

PS - If anyone out here is interested in bringing their own gear and games (Atari or otherwise) to DGM's Atari Party, please send me a private email and I'll get you in touch. (You'll need to bring your own TV/monitor, and table space is limited, so supplying your own table would be beneficial, too!)

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer
Thenautist
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: Commodore/Amiga at DGM's Atari Party, July 29 (fwd)

Post by Thenautist »

Just had to register when I stumbled on this blog. Wow this brings back memories. A friend of mind (spoiled) bought him a commodore way back in the mid seventies. There was one game he had "AZTEC" I believe. We used to play that game for hours and hours - it was cutting edge at the time. Amazing. Thanks for the memories!!! :D