David A. Freeman, 1958-2020

Pacific Commodore Expo NW: supported by the Fresno Commodore User Group, the Portland Commodore User Group, the Puget Sound Commodore User Group (of Tacoma), the Commodore 64 Enthusiasts of Greater Victoria, and most likely, the Seattle Retro-Computing Society

Moderators: wiskow, rbernardo, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

David A. Freeman, 1958-2020

Post by rbernardo »

Dave Freeman was my go-to guy at the Living Computers: Museum + Labs. Whenever I had a hardware problem -- missing cable, shortage of power strips, lack of extension cords, wrong monitor, or wrong cable connectors -- he was there to solve the problem, always with a smile and a can-do attitude. He never complained. He knew the little problems of the Commodore and Amiga computers that I was bringing for PaCommEx. In fact, he knew of the many idiosyncrasies of the many other classic computers in the museum. He helped me move equipment out of my station wagon; he helped me move equipment back into the my station wagon... long past the official closing time of the museum... long past the time when the other workers had gone home.

I was concerned for him when I last saw him at PaCommEx in 2019. But he seemed to take his treatment in stride... philosophical. And I told him to take care, so I could see him at the next PaCommEx.

Dave passed away in late September, 2020. His obituary can be found at

https://obituaries.seattletimes.com/obi ... 1080424287

and more about Dave, including photos, can be found at

https://www.forevermissed.com/david-ala ... 0101/about

He was quite a hardware engineer. I hope that whoever takes his place at the museum will have the same attitude, the same friendliness.

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
organizer - Pacific Commodore Expo
Brutto
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: David A. Freeman, 1958-2020

Post by Brutto »

I will read info about him