*PLEASE READ* Approval Required For First Post

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Shane
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: *PLEASE READ* Approval Required For First Post

Post by Shane »

I'm at home enjoying a game of Lode Runner on the Commodore 64 just got some great news on Contiki for the Flyer
and reading though the forums.

enjoy
Shane cbm8bit.com
metzmicro

Post by metzmicro »

Hello!

I am a Commie veteran...my baptism was a Vic 20 "friendly computer" first entry at K-mart....

I jumped from store to store (Video Concepts, May Company,etc.) as a Vic20 "programming squatter" to the dismay of store clerks until my Dad plunked down $400 for a Commodore 64 + datacassette from "Fred Rated" in the beautiful year of my 15th birthday April 20th, 1983. It looks like my Commie anniversary is coming up on the 20th of this month...now that I'm 46....and what a great present to find a web site that does more for the history of Commodore than any other in the world!!!

Glad to be here...among a very passionate group of Commodore vets!!!

Cheers,

Tom P. Metzger
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

metzmicro wrote:...my Dad plunked down $400 for a Commodore 64 + datacassette from "Fred Rated" in the beautiful year of my 15th birthday April 20th, 1983. It looks like my Commie anniversary is coming up on the 20th of this month...
My C64 anniversary is August 4. Back in 1983 I got it for $199.95 (not including tax) from the Federated Store in Stockton, California. It was not 'til a month later could I afford to get an off-brand datasette to go with it. (The CBM datasette was $5 more expensive than the off-brand!) :)
Glad to be here...among a very passionate group of Commodore vets!!!
Welcome!

Truly,
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

Hello Commodore.ca!

I'm hoping that your expertise might help me along with a couple of projects that I have on the go at the moment. I've been battling along but have finally to ask and seek from masters more knowledgable pertaining to my proud PET 8296 and my box of tricks my 128D. Both have sad dispositions and need tender care.

Well I'll leave my first post short.

Hope all is well over the ocean and the weather is fair.
Is this where I say
"I have : ......"?
Bonux

Post by Bonux »

OK :)
arvindk

Post by arvindk »

I am pleasantly surprised at the number of C= enthusiasts. I hope this is the right place for posting my first of two, awaiting approval :?:
arvindk

Post by arvindk »

Here is my second post, hoping I am in the right place to gat approval. :)
PyroferUK

Post by PyroferUK »

Not sure if my first post was marked as spam or I put it in the wrong place or what, but I am real honest human! I Promise.

Long time Commodore fan, First ever computer was a PET then Vic-20, C64, C128, Amiga500, Amiga 600, Amiga 4000.
Massive collector of rare and retro gear as well as designer of new electronics for them.

One of the founding fathers (lol) of the SD to IEC type adapters (according to the C64 wiki! Was a surprise to see my name in there) and currently making a new C128 CGA to RGB adapter.

Hoping to attend CommVex 2015.
PyroferUK

Post by PyroferUK »

How long do we have to wait for approval?
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

PyroferUK wrote:Long time Commodore fan, First ever computer was a PET then Vic-20, C64, C128, Amiga500, Amiga 600, Amiga 4000.
Sweet! I have all of them (though we won't have the entire contingent of PETs and Amigas at CommVEx).
Massive collector of rare and retro gear as well as designer of new electronics for them.
Very nice! At CommVEx I think I will talk to you about an adapter for the C64/128.

Truly,
chrisward

Post by chrisward »

no problem
ZippyZapp

Post by ZippyZapp »

PyroferUK wrote:How long do we have to wait for approval?
Wondering the same...
motrucker

Post by motrucker »

ZippyZapp wrote:
PyroferUK wrote:How long do we have to wait for approval?
Wondering the same...
I just checked back the next day, and my first post was approved. It may have been faster, but I wasn't :wink: .
karateed

Post by karateed »

Hi Folks,

This is my first post as I'm new here. I didn't see a welcome thread so if I may, I'd like to introduce myself.

My first Commodore machine was the chicklet PET which I bought second hand for $1000 Canadian in 1978, It was a wonderful learning and playing tool for me along the road to an IT career.

There used to be a Commodore club in Vancouver at a Community Centre not too far from Fraser and 51st but don't remember exactly where. I used to attend that club regularly.

In 1980 we moved to Iceland for 5-1/2 years. Before we moved, I upgraded my 'chicklet' to a large keyboard, added the Toolkit, Rabbit and EXMON EPROMS to the machine. The model of the machine is shown in the picture attached as well as where I bought it. This machine was also upgraded to 32k RAM before we moved to Iceland.
PET Model.jpg
PET Model.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 476697 times
About one year before we moved from Iceland I became familiar with the BBC Micro and bought one which I loved. Most in North American haven't heard of this machine but it's pretty cool. I have one that I use extensively for gaming mostly but I am also re-aquainting myself with 6502 which I 1/2 learned on my PET.

I've fairly recently cleaned the keyboard on my PET so that it works properly now except for the up/down cursor key. It works with 'persuasion' but at least we have a 99% working keyboard. The rest of the machine is in pretty good shape, solid beasts these.

I have the whole Cursor magazine collection which I kept getting, even in Iceland. That was a wonderful series of programs. I never upgraded from the 2nd PET so some of the stuff that came out in the later magazines didn't apply to my machine.

I understand there is a startup group for Commodore machines in Vancouver. Can anyone tell me the status of this group and when and where it might be meeting? I'd be interested in attending a meeting as I live fairly close. I live in Squamish BC....

I know this is a bit long so thanks for listening. I just love Retro computing, it was way more fun than today's vanilla, boring stuff in my opinion.

Oh, did I mention this is my FIRST post?

Ed...... :-)
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

A roundabout way but I've sent a message to the leader of the Victoria, B.C. group who will send me the info on the Vancouver, B.C. group. :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
June 10-11 Pacific Commodore Expo NW
http://www.portcommdore.com/pacommex
July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo v13 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex