Pet 2001 Help Needed

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

woodhog
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Pet 2001 Help Needed

Post by woodhog »

Hi I'm new to the forum and was hoping that I could get some help identifying the PCB in my Pet 2001 as I can find any photos of this revision of board.
The other strange thing is that all of the upper inside of the case and the inside of the monitor has been lined with tin foil!
The case has no serial number and no sign it was removed.
It also has a kettle Lead connection on the back but most 2001 seem to have permanent lead connected.
On boot it registers 32K Ram and Basic 4.
It also has an onboard ROM chip which says Pagewriter UD4 022.
Please take a look at the photos and if you have any ideas they would be most welcome.
Attachments
IMG_2278 (1).jpg
IMG_2278 (1).jpg (239.01 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
IMG_2274 (1).jpg
IMG_2274 (1).jpg (217.82 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
IMG_2241.jpg
IMG_2241.jpg (236.69 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Pet 2001 Help Needed

Post by administrator »

That is very interesting.

Your last photo seems to show sticker residue over the PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER brand which makes me think this was rebraded by a small reseller.

I would GUESS that a Commodore reseller bought this 2001 (possibly on trade, which was a popular thing to do in Ontario Canada, so I assume it was done elsewhere too) after it was off warrenty, upgraded the RAM and OS, branded it and stripped the C= serial number.

... just a guess.