re: a joy stick problem

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

reble
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

re: a joy stick problem

Post by reble »

I was given a Commodore Amiga A500 with the 501 memory and clock expansion cartridge, the 520 video adapter and a box full of floppy disks with all kinds of games and other things on them. The system works 100% fine except for the joy sticks. It came with 3 joy sticks. 2 of the joy sticks have 2 push buttons, 1 on top of the stick and one on the body. The one oddball joy stick looks like a joy stick from an Atari sys. the push buttons work but when I move the stick in a game called "Jupiter Probe" (it is the same problem in all games that need a joy stick) to move the ship from side to side. The ship just wiggles a bit and gets blasted. The mouse that came with the system works just fine in the same port that I plugged in the joy stick into. I have no idea as to why the joy sticks don't work right. Unless this joy sticks aren't the right kind for this system.

I also need to find a place to download the manual for the A500. It came with all the manuals, paperwork, and even the original box and original warranty card. But the manual for the A500 it self could not be found.
PS: There is no 501 memory and clock expansion cartridge installed in this Amiga A500. I just opened the bottom panel. The paperwork for the 501 is in the box but no cartridge.

Steve
Reineke
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: re: a joy stick problem

Post by Reineke »

Are there no markings on the joysticks that can help to identify them?
There are many reasons to try these probiotics for men if you want to become healthier.