Help needed with CP/M

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

GPguy
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Help needed with CP/M

Post by GPguy »

Hi Group,

Is there anyone out there experienced with running CP/M on their C=128? If so, I have a few questions. I have an original Wordstar Disk that won't get a directory on it through CP/M. The drive reads the disk and returns a series of colons. No file listing. And, no errors. I am running the standard CP/M plus disk that came with the C=128 and dated Aug 1 1985. The Wordstar disk is Wordstar 2000 Plus - Star Exchange 1 - Release 3.00. I have two 1571's with the CP/M software as my A drive and the Wordstar disk as my B drive. I also just typed in "ws", "ws.com", and "B:ws" as guesses but, of course it just replied B:?

So, is the Wordstar disk even readable on my C=128? Does anyone out there have a Wordstar disk I buy or get a copy? I tried looking into the disk image thing, but to be honest, I don't have the hardware to pull it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rob
Grants Pass, OR