New Member Intro

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

GPguy
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

New Member Intro

Post by GPguy »

Hi Group,

I am new to this group so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Rob and I live in Grants Pass which is in Southern Oregon near Medford. I collect Commodore Computers and actually I've acquired quite a bit of neat stuff in the last four years. That is how long I've been a collector. I started out my computing experience with a borrowed C-64 and I bought the Commodore 128 as my first computer. I later switched to DOS based machines as everything drafting related went that way. Since I retired I've gotten back into Commodore machines. I love my Amiga 500 and my Commodore 128D.

I see that BBS's are still around and I will some day get a proper modem and try and connect. Like the 'ol days!

Regards,

Rob
administrator
Site Admin

Re: New Member Intro

Post by administrator »

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the information and friends.

I am about to publish a Commodore Clubs list and am 90% sure there is an Oregon group you might be interested in too.

Thanks and have a great weekend.
ZippyZapp

Post by ZippyZapp »

Welcome! I have friends that live up near Medford. Also in Gold Beach.

For BBSs most of them these days use telnet. There was one that still had honest to goodness phone line support but your best bet is the WiModem. It plugs into the user port and lets you connect to BBS via your Wifi router. It emulates a hayes modem and works with most any terminal. I use it and it works great.

You can get it here: http://www.cbmstuff.com

This is a good forum, so enjoy!
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

GPguy wrote:...I live in Grants Pass which is in Southern Oregon near Medford.
I pass by Grants Pass all the time when I visit the Pacific NW two or three times a year.

Still in Las Vegas,
GPguy

Post by GPguy »

Thanks for replying everyone! I'll check out the WiModem. One thing though. Is there software that will allow me to enter my WiFi password? I think I have a few copies of Novaterm, will that do?

Anyone driving through the area is more than welcome to stop on by. Spend the night, have dinner, let me show off my cool Commodore stuff :)

Regards,

Rob
ZippyZapp

Post by ZippyZapp »

Yeah Novaterm should be fine. Most any terminal will work. I use CCGMS 7.0 as my BBS browsing terminal. I always used it back in the day with my 1670 modem.
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

GPguy wrote:Anyone driving through the area is more than welcome to stop on by. Spend the night, have dinner, let me show off my cool Commodore stuff :)
Oh, thanks for the invitation. I just got back from Las Vegas, and I was seriously considering in attending the Quarterflash concert in Wilsonville this Thursday. However, common sense kicked in, and I would be pushing myself too hard to get to that event in time. My next planned visit to the Pacific NW will be in November when I go up to drop off and pick up C= equipment from repair technician Ray Carlsen.

Back in California,
GPguy

Post by GPguy »

Hi Robert,

Stop on by in November! I just got back an SX-64 motherboard from Ray. He's pretty sharp. My next fix'it is one of my 1571 floppy drives has a problem with the upper read/write head. The unit will play C64 games, but won't read a CPM disk, as an example. Neither will it load any of my other C128 programs. So, I need Ray to work on it.

Regards,

Rob
like12

Post by like12 »

Hello, Rob. Welcome you to the forum :P