Looking for "I am the C128" Disk/Image

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

ZippyZapp
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Looking for "I am the C128" Disk/Image

Post by ZippyZapp »

Hi All,

I am trying to find a copy of I am the C128 by Creative Software. I do not think it is archived anywhere that I could find. I found a version on CBM8Bit.com but it is a D64 image that is incomplete because I believe the original may have been Double-Sided 1571 disk so it should have been imaged as a D71. The D64 that is available gives an error when loading as it is looking for files on track 50, which does not exist on a D64. So it was either a DS disk or the image was corrupt some how.

If anyone has a copy of this that they can image for preservation that would be super cool. If you have an extra you want to sell that would be fine too as I can image it too as my goal is to make it available via preservation.

In case you are not familiar with I am the C128 it is basically a demo of the C128 in the same style as I am the C64, which was a demo/tutorial to the C64 and BASIC 2.0. I am the C128 is a great introduction to the 128 and BASIC 7.0.

Thanks for checking!
ZippyZapp
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: Looking for "I am the C128" Disk/Image

Post by ZippyZapp »

Thanks to TacKer from another forum I am the C128 is now available via a band new .D71 image. That and the instructions can now be downloaded from bombjack.org, DLH's Archive. Look in image files for the image and applications for the docs.

Cheers to TacKer for finding an original!