Commodore Clubs?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, August 20

Post by rbernardo »

Happy, hot August nights, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday, August 20 at --

Bobby Salazar's Mexican Restaurant
2839 North Blackstone Ave. (corner of Blackstone and Michigan)
Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

For discussion the topic is the July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo; we'll go over how the show went. And there will be CommVEx goodies to give away! We'll also talk about the October 21-22 Amiwest Show in Sacramento.

On the hardware side, we'll examine the recently acquired Commodore PC20-III which came from the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club, the host for Amiwest.

In software, we'll play around with the C64 Forever 2017 CD and the Amiga Forever 2017 DVD's. We'll also have fun with the competition game of CommVEx, the classic C64 game, "Ringside Boxing", from the 1988 special issue of Compute!'s Gazette. At the July meeting we were so busy with testing out member David's C64 system that we didn't get to many of that month's software presentations; those remaining are the VIC-20 Meteor Wave, VIChaos, and VIC-20 Doom; the Plus/4 Botticelli Bilderdisk 42 art disk; and the C64/C128 plus SuperCPU -- RAY, Wolfenstein 3D, and Doom. Let's see how many we can get to this time.

I'll be seeing C= repair tech Ray Carlsen in a few days; if you need anything repaired, give it to me and I'll give it to Ray. Finally, for those members who attend the meeting, start thinking about what you want from Europe! :)

Truly,
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 9

Post by rbernardo »

Happy September, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Sept. 9, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

I'll summarize my thoughts on the July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo (big thanks to the SCCAN members who came in force to CommVEx!), and we'll talk about the upcoming Amiwest Show on October 21-22 in Sacramento.

In addition to the usual Amiga 1200, Plus/4, and VIC-20, there will be the Educator 64, last seen at the June Pacific Commodore Expo (no AmigaOne G4 this time in order to make room for the E64). If I can dig it out, there will be the Vampire 500 (still not installed in any machine, though I'm leaning toward the Amiga 2000).

Have your Commodore/Amiga orders ready, because I'm going to Europe and can bring back small/medium-sized C=/Ami items in my suitcases. Closer to home, I'll be distributing a carload of C= stuff from former user Tim of Idylwild.
As always, bring any Commodore or Amiga items you wish to share!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Sept. 10

Post by rbernardo »

Happy, hot September, C= amd Ami comrades!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Sept 10 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

Note that the meeting this month is on the second Sunday instead of the third Sunday.

For discussion we'll talk about the October 21-22 Sacramento Amiwest Show again. On the hardware side, the Educator 64 makes the rounds from the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network meeting to our meeting. If it gets here in time, we'll examine the new Vampire 500-to-Amiga 2000 CPU slot adapter board from Paul "Acill" Resendes.

In applications we'll check out the VIC Music Composer for the VIC-20, a bunch of BASIC extensions for the VIC-20, C64, Plus/4, and C128, a modernized game, Empire 128 - Enhanced; and a new C64 game, Galencia.

Finally, this is your last chance to tell me if you need any C=/Ami goodies from Europe! :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
phallyka

Re: Commodore Clubs?

Post by phallyka »

THERE ARE MANY MORE so please let us know what you know about them.

หีฟิต
rbernardo

FCUG "picnic" lunch - Sunday, Oct. 15

Post by rbernardo »

Greetings from Europe, C= and Ami aficionados!

As has been the tradition for years, the Fresno Commodore User Group has its annual "picnic" lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 15. This time lunch will be at

Dave and Buster's Restaurant
212 East River Park Circle (Friant Road and Highway 41)
Fresno, CA 93270

As has been the tradition, bring your family and friends; the club will pay for the lunch.

Expect European gifts to be distributed! :)

Writing from Prague, the Czech Republic,
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Nov. 18

Post by rbernardo »

Happy November, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Nov. 18, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

Not only will I have an Amiwest Show report, I'll bring an A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating a Classic Experience) laptop for everyone to try its AmiKit X, OS 4.1, and Windows 10 modes. The Amiga 600 returns, this time with IDE-to-CF drive. We'll look at plenty of new C64 game disks from BinaryZone.org (Mario, bring your C128 set-up!), in addition to VIC-20 and Plus/4 game disks (Richard, bring your switchable Plus/4 set-up!)

As in September, I'll be distributing a carload of C= stuff, this time from C= user Rolf M. of Ventura. Also, expect European gifts to be passed to all members (yay, early Christmas!).

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Nov. 19

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Thanksgiving, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 19 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

On the hardware side, we'll get to see and use the new SD2IEC from RetroFun of England. After a 2-year absence, the Amiga 600 returns, fully repaired and sporting a new IDE-to-CF card drive. And straight from the October Amiwest Show, we'll look over the A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating a Classic Experience) laptop which runs AmiKit X, Amiga OS 4.1, and Windows 10.

At our last meeting we ran out of time to try out the modernized game, Empire 128 - Enhanced; and the new C64 game, Galencia. We won't run out of time at this meeting! Speaking of England, we'll start going through the 20+ C64, Plus/4, and VIC-20 new game disks from the British company, BinaryZone.org. Some of the games are Planet Golf, Argus, The Sky Is Falling!, Sleepwalker, Platman Worlds, Shoot 'Em Up Destruction Set 4, Majesty of the Sprites, and Realms of Quest.

Truly,
rbernardo

Re: Commodore Clubs?

Post by rbernardo »

Merry Christmas, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+ p.m., Sunday, Dec. 17 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

Because of members showing interest, the A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating a Classic Experience) laptop returns, A.L.I.C.E. being the portable solution which runs AmiKit X, Amiga OS 4.1, and Windows 10. Also returning because of its popularity is the new C64 game, Galencia, this time updated to v1.5. Another returning C64 game - Slime by Mr. Nop - updated for the Dec. 9-10 World of Commodore show, and also from that show, a demo entitled Scroll25.

Just in time for the new Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie is Jim Happel's resurrected C64 game, Star Wars v1977 and v1981.

What better way to enjoy Christmas than to play... Halloween games! For the VIC-20 comes Haunt and It Comes From the Grave. Or how about a VIC-20 racing game in the form of Nitro Wheels? More to the point is the Plus4/C64 game, Genius 2: Into the Caves, in which you must search caverns in the quest to find toys.

We're still going through the pile of new game disks from from the British company, BinaryZone.org. Some of the games are Maze Of The Mummy, Barnsley Badger, Hessian, and Eye of the Gods.

Finally, if I can get to San Jose in time to pick it up, John Yaccarine of The Other Group of Amigoids is donating a load of hardware/software free to all attending FCUG members.

Ho-ho-ho,
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Jan. 13

Post by rbernardo »

Happy New Year, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Jan. 13, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

For the meeting, I'll bring A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating a Classic Experience) laptop again with its AmiKit X, OS 4.1, and Windows 10 modes. Also the new C64/VIC-20/Plus4 game disks from BinaryZone.org return again.

Hopefully, I will bringing in more C= gear to give everybody, courtesy of Rolf M. of Ventura (yeah, I'll be in Ventura on Friday night). For everybody to peruse is the new book, "Commodore: the Amiga Years", from author Brian Bagnall. It covers CBM from the time CEO Jack Tramiel left to about 1987. Not only does it cover the Amiga computer but other computers like the C128, the Commodore LCD, the Commodore 900, and more. Also, expect to see a few film clips from the new movie, "The Commodore Story".

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Jan. 21

Post by rbernardo »

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+ p.m., Sunday, Jan. 21 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

Though Christmas has come and gone, C= "gifts" are still arriving -- more software from John Yaccarine of The Other Group of Amigoids (San Jose) and computer chips from Rolf Miller of the former CIVIC 64/128 club (Ventura). Feel free to grab any and all from the boxes that will be at the meeting.

Just like last month, we'll cover more of the new C= games from BinaryZone.org. Just like last month, the A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating a Classic Experience) laptop will be exhibited with its AmiKit X, Amiga OS 4.1FE, and Windows 10 partitions. Unlike last month, the PET 2001 returns, this time fully functioning (thanks, Ray Carlsen, for the difficult repair). Also the Amiga 1200 returns for those who want some classic Amiga gaming.

Hey, we're not forgetting the Plus/4 and VIC-20. A few weeks late, for the Plus/4 we'll try out the new demos, "Merry Christmas 2017" and "Old Xmas Joke Go PETSCII", and the new game, "Shield Command". For the VIC-20, it's the demo, "HiUxLife" (Life); and music, "Havana", "What Christmas Means to Me", and "Medley".

Plus we'll talk about Maker Faire 2018, the Pacific Commodore Expo 2018, the Commodore Vegas Expo v14 2018, and even the Silicon Valley Comic Con!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Des Moines Commodore

Post by rbernardo »

========== Forwarded message ==========

...there's an "unofficial" Commodore/Amiga users group in Des Moines, Iowa on the last Sunday of the month...

...if anyone is interested and is in central Iowa, email me at [email protected].
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Feb. 18

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Valentines, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+ p.m., Sunday, Feb. 18 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

In addition to the Plus/4 and VIC-20 platforms at the this month's meeting, Alex says that he will be bringing in his Draco Casablanca (Amiga-based). Last seen several months ago, this time the machine is in fully-working condition, and Alex will go over its features. Just in case he doesn't show up, we'll bring in a classic Amiga 500 and run some goodies, like Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit and the Trojan Lightpen.

For the Commodore 64, it's time for virtual reality... virtual reality with the VR64 glasses and accompanying program, Street Defender! Developed by Jim Happel, “the VR64 is the world's first virtual reality goggle for the Commodore 64.” In Street Defender, earth's cities have been invaded by “green exoskeleton bug warriors.... Mankind has set up Street Defenders on every corner to fight the invaders.” Punch, throw knives, shoot bullets, throw grenades, and collect power-ups.

With Maker Faire 2018 coming up in May, it looks good that there will be a Classic Computer's exhibit there, and we'll talk about having interactive Commodore, Amiga, and Texas Instruments TI-99 4A (!) set-ups for the Maker Faire attendees.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, March 10

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Change to Daylight Savings Time, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, March 10, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

Once again more freebies pour in from former Commodore/Amiga users - Richard C. of Fresno and Rolf M. of Ventura. Take what you wish!

Topics of conversation will revolve around the Bay Area Maker Faire in May, the Pacific Commodore Expo NW in June, and the Commodore Vegas Expo in August.

For this meeting, I'm bringing in Jim Happel's VR64... Virtual Reality 64 for the Commodore 64 and its accompanying 3-D game, "Street Defender". Try out those funky controls for battling the invading, alien creatures! Also I have the newest C64 commercial, platformer game, "Sam's Journey". If we can get it running on Mario's C128, we'll try out WsDos 7.1. For more WsDos 7.1 information, see

http://c-128.freeforums.net/thread/547/ ... w-software

Richard G. wants to show off the MSD SD-1, previously seen in sorry shape at the January meeting and now fully rebuilt and functional. Also appearing at the meeting will be an Amiga 2000 with 68040, 2 meg ChipRAM, 40 megs FastRAM, and OS 3.1; VIC-20, and Plus/4.

As always, bring in any Commodore/Amiga hardware and/or software you wish to share!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, March 18

Post by rbernardo »

Happy St. Patrick's Day, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+ p.m., Sunday, March 18 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month we have a little bit for everyone. Having seen Jump Jet for the C64 some time ago, this time we have Jump Jet for the VIC-20. Comparison time! Having looked at Ultima IV for the C64 last time, this time we have Ultima IV
Remastered for the C64.

In preparation for the the August 11-12 Commodore Vegas Expo, we'll play around with a few C64 bits, the new International Karate Ultimate (set for the CommVEx game competition), and Break Dance / Commodore Rap (set for our CommVEx commercial).

For the Plus/4, there will be the new platformer, Pets Rescue. For the C128, we have the new utility, WsDos 7.1.

For the Amiga, there will be a newly-refurbished A2000 with 68040, 2 meg ChipRAM, 40 megs FastRAM, and OS 3.1. And if it will fit in the car (the box is 5 feet long!), we'll have a preliminary look at the Amiga CD32 game package, Surf
Systems' Biff Boardin'/Urban Surfin'/Biff Select V2.03 with skiboard, skateboard, and short surfboard!

Truly,
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, April 15

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Sibling's Day, C= and Ami aficionados! :)

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+ p.m., Sunday, April 15 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month we have the old and the new! In regards to the old, we'll check out the club disks from the libraries of the long-gone CIVIC 64/128 club of Ventura, California and from the Diablo Valley Commodore User Group of Walnut Creek, California. Also because this is April, we go back 20 years to the April, 1988 magazine disk of Compute!'s Gazette and see what was popular back then.

As for the new, member David will show the video of the new C64 Mini (which is due for imminent release in North America). Member Brad and I will be bringing in the latest Wi-fi modems for 8-bit Commodores, a pair of StrikeLink modems (two versions) and the WiFi64 modem (from SharewarePlus of England). If I bring the C128DCR and SuperCPU 128, we can boot up the new alpha version of Tempest for the C128.

Finally, the Amiga CD32 console will appear, complete with the new, heavy-duty, Ray Carlsen power supply for the CD32.

Not forgetting to report on the Commodores/Amigas
at the April 14 Livermore Innovation Fair,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
June 9-19 Pacific Commodore Expo NW 2018 - http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex
Aug. 11-12 Commodore Vegas Expo v14 2018 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex