Service for sick PETs

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Hyteck

Service for sick PETs

Post by Hyteck »

Greetings all...Found your site while looking for PETinfo, It sure has been a long time..I used to service Commodore equipment while under warranty 100 years ago. I'm amazed that there is still interest in these unique rigs after all this time. After browsing your forum I see there is still a few people with dead PETs needing service.!!??.. As most of you know, a lot of the chippies used in these are tough to locate now. However, 97% or more of the components are still to be had, and although not all, but a lot of these could be brought back to life with minimum cost and effort. As such, if anyone out there needs a PET resurected, I'd be happy to help. I am located in Ontario Canada. I have been in the component level service and design buisness for 40+ years now. Probably the same fate as the dodo bird awaits, but for now ,YES we can still fix your old one. Heavily wrapped mainboards would not cost much to ship!!!?? . This is NOT an ad. ..... Just an offer... If there is no interst i will gladly remove this post. Please use e-mail to respond. Thanx... :D

PS... Dont send any PETs to the landfill, the more parts I have , the quicker and cheaper they can be repaired :D
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

That is a great offer and I am sure some will take you up on it.

Please do not remove this post.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

Ever heard of the Toronto PET User's Group? You might be interested.
Call me Golan; my parents did.
Hyteck

Post by Hyteck »

Hi again all ...Thanx for the warm welcome. Yes I have noticed the TPUG group and will investigate. I am located 1 hour away from Toronto, this time of year though (Feb) its more like 3 hours. If it ever warms up I will make the effort to attend. Sounds like fun, and a giant leap back in time. Not sure how to link a url on this post but for the interested.....enter a search for item #300197399788 on e-bay.....This has GOT to be a record??? :shock: :shock: ....and your wife thinks its just old junk!!!!!.
rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by rbernardo »

Hyteck wrote:...enter a search for item #300197399788 on e-bay.....This has GOT to be a record???
Quite amazing. A few years ago, when a C64 prototype tried to sell at the Vintage Computer Festival, no one bid the reserve. IIRC, it only went to around $1,000... far below the seller's expectations.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

That is a crazy price. It is a wonder piece of history but still a crazy price.

If anyone wants to see the unit the VCF had for auction (and would still likely sell today... for $3200 the eBay unit sold for), see
http://www.commodore.ca/products/c64/pr ... efault.htm