SID Symphony II Cartridges now available (fwd)

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

SID Symphony II Cartridges now available (fwd)

Postby rbernardo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:26 pm

------------ Original Message ------------
Subject: SID Symphony II Cartridges now available
Date: Sun, October 9, 2011 12:42 am

The "SID Symphony II" cartridge is now available, and can be found on the Digital Audio Concepts website ( ), along with the internal stereo SID board and my prototyping cartridge board.

The SID Symphony II can be mapped into any 32-byte slot from $DE00 to $DFE0, and should be work fine alongside most other hardware expansions. Works with all stereo-aware software that can address a SID in the above range. It is possible to add a jumper to the cartridge to pick up other page address signals inside the computer (such as $D7xx in the C128).

Each board features an access LED, reset button, and a proper 12v DC-to-DC converter for use with the good old 6581 SID chip. Each board comes preset for $DE00, which can be changed by flipping one or more DIP switches. The audio-in line is grounded by default to reduce background noise, which one can undo by simply cutting a jumper pad.

The SID Symphony II is supplied without a SID chip, and is designed to fit into standard Commodore-issue case shells and their clones.

$39.95 each, plus shipping

This is a limited edition run, so as the old trope goes, "Hurry, while supplies last!"

"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."
Vanessa Ezekowitz <vanessaezekowitz(at)>

Return to “Commodore Discussion”