Tulip Did Not Get Paid for Commodore!

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

administrator
Site Admin

Tulip Did Not Get Paid for Commodore!

Post by administrator »

In 2004 Tulip sold the Commodore brand and patents to YMV of The Netherlands. A few months ago, Tulip (now called Nedfield) regained some control of Commodore and the following 2008 press release likely explains how that came about:

http://www.tulip.com/Default.aspx?cms=6 ... 05&art=161
Doorn, 21 April 2008
Tulip Computers N.V. (Tulip) has learned that a declaration was issued on 15 April 2008 for the bankruptcy of Commodore International B.V., a subsidiary of Commodore International Corporation.
In 2004 Tulip sold Commodore International B.V. – wherein are vested the trade marks to Commodore – for € 24 million to CIC and therefore has a claim on CIC. Tulip's claim currently approximates € 20 million.
K.C.

Re: Tulip Did Not Get Paid for Commodore!

Post by K.C. »

Tulip/Nedfield hasn't any control of Commodore these days, because they went bankrupt themself on Sept. 3, 2009.
See this article (unfortunately only available in Dutch):

http://www.tulip.com/Default.aspx?cms=6 ... =2&art=232
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Tulip Did Not Get Paid for Commodore!

Post by administrator »

I knew they were on the edge. A few days ago I Googled/Binged the Hell out of "nedfield bankrupt" derivatives but found nothing new.

Well, Tulip/Nedfield did appear to get control of Commodore at the start of the summer so I suppose that may mean that C= is dead again. The C= stock is trading at about the one cent mark... I guess I will get a nice tax write off when they officially go bust... damn it!

If anyone has an update, I would love to read about it.

I will post a new thread about the bankruptcy to see if we can gather any more information.

Thanks for the link! I just re-confirmed it is not on Nedfields English site.